Alokananda gravitated naturally towards music composition for films. Her appreciation for a diverse range of music has led her to work in National award-winning Marathi films like Shala and Fandry and she was one of five selected for the Mumbai Composers Lab for 2013. She received the Prabhat Purashkar and the Sanksriti Kala Darshan awards for the best background score in 2012 and 2014.
- Recent work includes two highly-rated series, Jubilee (2023), and The Jengaburu Curse (2023) and, Shiv Shakti Balboa.
- Her work on her father’s films includes Anwar Ki Ajeeb Kissa, Tope, and Urojahaj, among others.
- In 2020, Alokananda composed the music for AK vs. AK
- Selected as one of the ten “BAFTA Breakthrough 2022” participants supported by Netflix.
- Garnered national recognition for composing the background score and soundtrack for both seasons of Netflix India’s first original series, “Sacred Games.,
- Composed the background score for Amazon Prime’s original series ‘Breathe‘, critically acclaimed Hindi film ‘B.A Pass’ and the soundtrack for ‘Trapped ’ along with score for National Award-winning Marathi films “Shala“ and “Fandry“